Location: Carthage, NC
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Reports to: Division Aftermarket Manager
Supervises: Service Writer, Technicians, Set-Up Personnel and Delivery Personnel
Manages service operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment through; optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, growing profitable service labor sales, exercising disciplined expense control, attracting and retaining outstanding talent and effectively engaging department personnel.
- Develops and maintains effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Executes annual Service Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives.
- Develops and executes Service Department marketing plan and monitor monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Takes the lead in sharing best practices and implementing common processes throughout the Service Department.
- Assists with customer clinics, field days and related, promotional events
- Oversees preparation of all RO’s for processing and closure in a timely manner
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining key talent by maintaining a current Internal Depth Chart, Recruiting and Hiring Plans, individual development plans, and yearly performance reviews
- Maintains all department tools, equipment and vehicles in good working order
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years experience in Service Department operations
- Minimum 1-2 years supervising others
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office components and internet functions
- Understands the functionality of dealer business system
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department Operations
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Noise levels: Medium to high.
- Weight requirements: Lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Mobility: Squatting, bending, climbing, lifting, reaching, twisting, standing and sitting for long durations of time.
- Visual: Working with a personal computer, JD Vision manuals and close detailed work.
- Driving: Daily; short and long distances.
- Work environment: Exposure to extreme weather, fumes, airborne particles and moving mechanical parts.
- Dexterity: Ability to grasp and manipulate parts and tools.