Location: Washington, NC
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Reports to: Service Manager
Performs basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned turf equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager, District Aftermarket Manager or senior technicians.
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties
- Works with Corporate Technical Service Mgr to coordinate service technician training and certifications.
- Promotes customer loyalty and goodwill and protects positive dealership image.
- Follows up with customers on repairs to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of and turf equipment
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Basic Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid drivers license is required
- Fork lift license preferred.
- Noise levels: Medium to high.
- Weight requirements: Lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Mobility: Squatting, bending, climbing, lifting, reaching, twisting, standing and sitting for long durations of time.
- Visual: Working with a personal computer, JD Vision manuals and close detailed work.
- Driving: Daily; short and long distances.
- Work environment: Exposure to extreme weather, fumes, airborne particles and moving mechanical parts.
- Dexterity: Ability to grasp and manipulate parts and tools