Location: Chesapeake, VA
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Reports to: Service Manager
Assist the service manager in maintaining accurate and on-time reports and records (both customer and internal) relative to the service department’s operation within the dealership.
- Assists customers with equipment loading/unloading when necessary
- Opens work orders as directed by the Service Manager
- Properly processes and closes service department RO’s unless review is needed by service manager
- Maintains Service Department filing and records
- Updates customer profiles using equipment, hours, or other information from the customer work orders
- Answer service department calls as needed
- Manages warranty RO’s and prepares them for submission by CWA
- Assists technicians with service parts by pulling orders from stock and ordering other parts
- Charges all parts and freight to RO’s
- Process returned parts from technicians upon return to expedite RO closure
- Works in Saturday rotation on parts counter (where applicable)
- May be responsible for supervising shop techs in absence of service manager
- Other tasks as needed in service department as instructed by service manager
Skills & Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess excellent communication skills with customers and fellow workers
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Knowledge of office procedures
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms is preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Must be able to work in shop environment where fuel and fluid fumes are present
- Noise levels: Medium to high.
- Weight requirements: Lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Mobility: Squatting, bending, climbing, lifting, reaching, twisting, standing and sitting for long durations of time.
- Visual: Working with a personal computer, JD Vision manuals and close detailed work.
- Driving: Daily; short and long distances.
- Work environment: Exposure to extreme weather, fumes, airborne particles and moving mechanical parts.
- Dexterity: Ability to grasp and manipulate parts and tools.