Location: Clinton, NC
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Reports to: Irrigation Manager
Supervises: None. (May supervise trainee.)
This position is responsible for providing maintenance and repair of irrigation equipment including center pivot irrigation systems, pumps, and motors. This includes providing telephone and on-site support for customers within Central & Eastern North Carolina. Our focus will involve supporting Zimmatic center pivot systems, but will also perform service on existing Valley and Reinke systems as required.
- Provide technical support for installation, maintenance, and repair of center pivot irrigation systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with pivot functionality, pumps, and electrical motors
- Make decisions on whether a pivot irrigation system can continue to operation or should be repaired/replaced based on best overall value and safety
- Understand technology such as GPS guidance and variable rate applications
- Provide customers with prompt and excellent customer service
- Maintain current product knowledge and technical understanding of Zimmatic pivots and competitive systems
- Complete all reports and forms required as part of work assignments
- Track time spent on all projects and materials used in performing the service
Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge and background in electrical systems required (Master Electrician preferred)
- Prior experience as a journeyman electrician or HVAC background preferred ? Knowledge of center pivot irrigation systems, electrical service equipment, pump panels and motors, control circuitry, single & 3 phase power, 120/240, 277/480 volt systems. ? Knowledge in the use of electrical test equipment, volt/ohm meters, wire/fault finders.
- Knowledge of general preventative maintenance on pivot irrigation systems (tires, control boxes, electrical, etc).
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives installation and startup
- Knowledge of pump troubleshooting and installation
- Knowledge of welding & fabrication
- Knowledge of circuit troubleshooting and phase electricity
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly
- May occasionally be required to work at varying heights
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel independently to customer locations within Central and Eastern North Carolina (overnight travel is infrequent)
- Must have a Driver’s license
- Ability to speak effectively one-on-one with customers
- Noise levels: Medium to high.
- Weight requirements: Lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Mobility: Squatting, bending, climbing, lifting, reaching, twisting, standing and sitting for long durations of time.
- Visual: Working with a personal computer, manuals and close detailed work.
- Driving: Daily; short and long distances.
- Work environment: Exposure to extreme weather, fumes, airborne particles and moving mechanical parts.
- Dexterity: Ability to grasp and manipulate parts and tools.